Seville, Spain, 14th century. A group of black slaves brought from Africa found the Brotherhood of The Blacks, which survives over the centuries, despite the opposition of the powerful, to become one of the oldest living institutions in the World.
written and directed by ANTONIO PALACIOS produced by JOAQUÍN ASENCIO director of photography ALBERTO PAREJA music by JOSÉ MANUEL VAQUERO art direction by PILAR ANGULO costume design by ESTHER VAQUERO production manager MARTA ESPAÑA HUERTAS assistant director MARÍA JOSÉ DEBÉN edited by LORENA MARTÍN animations by JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ color by ISRAEL MILLÁN cast JIMMY ROCA · ANA FERNÁNDEZ · KWAME ONDO · JOSÉ CANALEJO · JOSERRA LEZA · AYAMEY VILLA SAVÓN · MANUEL NAVARRO · MARTÍN NBOMIO · NACHO GÓMEZ · FELIPE MARÍN associate producers FERNANDO H. BARRAL · EDUARDO ZEBALLOS · ÍTALO CORTELLA
· WINNER: "Emilio Castelar" Human Rights Award
· WINNER: International Journalism Prize "African Voices"
· WINNER: Special Mention Andalusia on Migrations Awards
· Nomination for "Best New Director" - Asecan Awards
· Nomanition for "Best Adapted Screenplay" - Carmen Awards